Social media marketing is one of the most commonly used forms of digital marketing. The main reason behind the fact is its phenomenal reach. With the use of social media platforms, the brands are able to reach millions over the world in just a few seconds and that too with only a few clicks.
In addition this, social media is certainly one of the most cost-effective means of marketing and hence readily preferred by a lot of business brand promotion strategy. Most importantly, social media platforms have a huge amount of population continuously engaged and hence great for the purpose of marketing. But you should necessarily keep in mind the following dos and don’ts for digital marketing through social media platforms.
Following are the dos
1. First of all, you need to make sure that social media profiles are filled out completely. So, before any kind of postings is made, it is to be made a point that the profiles are hundred percent filled. Include profile picture which can help the visitors to understand who you are. An incomplete profile looks quite unprofessional. If you are using more than one social media platform, then you should ensure that the info in each of the social media profiles are not exactly the same.
2. It should be kept in mind that the personal social media accounts and the professional should be separate. Both of the profiles should never ever be the same otherwise it can have a negative impact on the visitors. Hence, it is recommended to necessarily separate business and personal social media profiles.
3. Going for regular updates is effective in terms of digital marketing. You need to make sure that the profile is regularly updated and so as the posts that you make. Regularly updating posts and making new posts indicate that you are active on social media which not only creates a positive impression on the visitors but also allows the visitors to reach you on social media. Regular posting ensures that you are actively engaged with your online community.
4. At any point in time, you are sharing a post on the social media platforms, it should be thoughtfully done. You need to remember that whatever you post is a representation of your business, so you need to be completely aware of it.
5. Regular interaction with your audience would necessarily bring about valuable results of the digital marketing agency that you wish to undertake through the social media platforms. Just opening a social media account for the sake of opening would not prove to be fruitful for your business.
6. Knowing the target audience is quite crucial in this regard so that you are able to specifically target them. You need to know where exactly where your target is the audience and start focusing on that social media platform. It is essential to prioritize your networks where you can provide quality content which will necessarily be worth the time as well as effort irrespective of the industry.
Following are the don’ts
1. Do not forget to include your links to the social media profiles. The ultimate goals of posting on social media platforms are two. One is to get as many likes as possible on the social media page of your business and second is to effectively guide your customers to your business website. This is exactly what you want from the digital marketing campaign. Now, you would not be able to achieve the second goal if you are not linking customers to the landing page. Hence, do not forget to include the hyperlink of your business with the post you make on social media.
2. Secondly, you should not forget your other social media accounts. So, if you have more than one business profiles on social media platforms, make sure to pay equal attention to each of them.
3. You should take that you do not post only text. At any point in time, you are posting a blog, do not only post textual matters. It would be a very good idea to include relevant images along with some interesting as well as interesting videos to make it more effective.
4. Do not ever be a spammer. This would simply ruin your digital marketing campaign through social media. Spamming is beyond the etiquette for social media marketing. Retweeting, commenting, posting, liking and throughout the day-long is a quick way to lose visitors and watch your engagement drop since nobody would want their social media feeds to be filled up by a single profile.
5. Another point to keep in mind that, you should not be promoting all the time. If you just promote yourself all the time, it might create a negative impact on the visitors. The post you make should be informative as well as responsive which actually resonates best with the customers.
6. Finally, you should remember not to gloss over negative comments as well as negative reviews. It is evident customers would have complaints. Instead, you can start a dialogue with that customer and take steps to solve the exact problem faced by the customer.
Thus, keeping in mind the dos and don’ts of social media at the time of a digital marketing campaign would provide you with the desired results.