Similarly, it’s obvious that when you go out on a date with someone, you like them and wish for the same to go great in order to get to know your ‘crush’ in a better way and getting closer to them in order to establish a good foundation for a great relationship which might lead to something more stable, in the future.
Going on dates is pretty stressful for the same reason since we tend to work really hard to make a good impression and that is what makes it ridiculously hard to decide what to do before you go on a date, to make sure that the date goes well.
Don’t you worry, we have got you covered! But, first what are the things that you should do on your first date. So, here we go.
How To Prep For The First Date
1. Put a little thought into your outfit
A little thinking can go a long way, you don’t want to look too revealing neither do you want to look too covered hence, just try to stay in the middle of them both.
Also, you should never over-accessorize, a pair of elegant earrings and a bag does the job.
Never try to show off too much because being humble, kind and polite goes a long way making the first impression
2. Always take a cab to the pre-decided location of the date
Never take your car while going on a date because you never know how the night will end anyhow who doesn’t like a stress-free ride before the date and if you’re lucky maybe your date may give you a ride back to your place and in some case, to his own? (No judgments here!)
3. Put your phone on silent
Attending calls or replying to texts during the date my send a message that you aren’t interested as well as seem extremely rude, also always put
your phone inside your bag if you are carrying one or in your pocket.
Never put your phone on the table next to you because it can cause distractions and trouble you during the date
4. The location should be in the best interest of both
The location that you decide to visit for this date, should be liked by both, you and the other person and should be near your house as well as your date’s house and if that isn’t possible, it should at least lie in between.
Also choose a location where there are no extra distractions for e.g. Places with vigorously loud music or pomp and show, can easily distract conversations hence the goal of getting to know each other is surpassed.
5. It’s important to let go of the past
You must let go of the dark layers of your past as you take this majestic leap towards a much better and brighter future.
It’s important to realize that not all people are the same and keep in mind the fact that everyone deserves an equal chance to surpass your judgment.
Sticking with an assumption from T-minus one seconds is wrong, rude as well as super unfair to your date.
6. Remember to rest well before your big date
If you remember back when you were a kid, your parents used to tell you to rest up well before going out, this was all within reason because once you are well-rested, you are able to be your best self on the date and hence, make a great first expression!
Things To Do On A First Date:
- Be yourself: While it is okay to be a bunch of nerves, but don't behave like you're on a job interview. Just get your vibe on, be playful and be yourself. This person and you don't know each other and you have no idea as to how this will pan out, but just be at ease. Don't ask all your questions at once. Try to save some of the talking for the second date. That way you know that there will be one. The idea is to have an open conversation and not turn it into an inquest. You anyway won't be able to figure someone out just on the first date. so, take your time and wait it out.
- Have meaningful conversations: Okay, so don't take the path often taken. Please gather some courage and ask questions that might help the person to share some insights about themselves. That may help you understand what the person's desires are, fear is, at least you can slowly start building a picture of this person in your head. Also, don't just keep asking. Share, share, share, how will the other person be at ease if you don't share anything about yourself. Be a little vulnerable, take a risk, share things close to your heart. Of course, don't give everything away.
- Be confident: Look at yourself before you head out for that date, and give the pep talk to yourself about how awesome you are. You really are, and then go for the date, you will have nothing to worry about. Trust me, that date is yours FTW.
- Body language: If you remember these tiny hacks, no one can take anything away from you. Flash that smile, try to lean-in while having a conversation, make eye contact, face them and try not to fold your arms or legs. Sometimes what your words cannot express, your body language does, so be careful about that.
- Don't overdo the spirits: You want to be happy high, and not throw up. So drink within your limits. You don't want to get ridiculed at on your first date, neither do you want to throw up in front of someone you've just met. Also, it is imperative that you drink within limits for your own safety. And, in case the date is trying to push you to drink, you can always politely decline.
What to talk about on a first date?
Here are a few topics to talk about on your first date:
- Where did you grow up?
- Talk about how nervous you are
- What is your favorite place to visit? (Talk about a place that you have already visited, and what is on your bucket list)
- What's the scariest thing you have done?
- What makes you crack up?
- Your go-to drink
- Which people are in your tribe?
- How do you like to cool your heels off after work?
- Are you in touch with your school/university friends?
- You favorite movie
- Your best memory as a kid
- Do you have a dream job?
- What do you love and loathe the most?
- How do you spend your vacay?
First dates can be nerve-wracking, but they can also be incredibly fun and exciting. If you’re feeling the good vibes and are already excited about seeing this person again, great