If you are currently seeking a career in data science then choosing the right set of skills is extremely essential for success.
While there are a number of tools and software platforms that you must master to excel in data science, the most important decision for you would be choosing the best programming language for the various statistical computations and data analysis tasks you will be required to undertake.
Things like how much time you are going to spend in coding or how far can you scale your work will depend on this particular decision. And more than two million data scientists chose R with great satisfaction!
Why is R preferred by so many data scientists?
R has a number of advantages:
• R is not only a high-level object-orientedstatistical programming language but also a powerful data analysis software platform, provides the best environment for statistical analysis and one of the leading tools for Machine learning.
• While many argue that python is easier to learn and use than R, it is important to remember that R is a special purpose programming language to deal with special purpose problems.
• It also supports interaction with multiple databases and data wrangling is fairly easy in R as R possesses a number of packages. For instance, Dplyr is an R package utilized by data scientists for data organization and data wrangling. Tidyr is another popular R package which allows data professionals to clean data efficiently. And yet another R package is ggplot2 which is adored by the data science world for its data visualization capabilities.
• R machine learning packages like MICE, rpart& PARTY, CARET and randomFOREST are very powerful and are loved by data scientists.
• Being an open-source software package, R can be utilized by anyone for any purpose and thus, it has a great support community across the globe.
• R is very much reliable for a variety of data science tasks for which it is being utilized by many leading organizations. The Bank of America uses R for data visualization, Facebook utilizes R packages to explore data and Twitter uses R for monitoring user experience.
Is R training beneficial in India?
The analytics industry of India is growing at a rapid pace and is expected to reach 6billion USD within 2025. Given the progress of digital transformation of India and the increasing implementation of data driven strategies by companies in India, no doubt the field of data science and analytics has emerged a top source for lucrative employments.
However, India suffers from an acute talent shortage and many high paying positions remain unfulfilled due to lack of skills in Indian engineers. R being one the best for data science, with an R training course you can easily land on a lucrative job in India.