Netgear Genie provides a smart setup wizard to its users in order to make the Netgear extender installation and configuration easier than ever before. What you have to do is to walk through the given on-screen instructions and you are done.
That is the reason why Netgear Genie is known as the easiest method for Netgear extender setup. To start with the installation process, you need to place your Netgear extender in reach of your existing WiFi router. Let's have a look at some easy to execute steps below to get the job done without any hassle.
1. Power on your Netgear WiFi range extender. Plug it in a working wall outlet. Make sure that you place your Netgear WiFi router in reach of your existing router.
2. Connect your Netgear extender to your existing router via an Ethernet cable.
3. Open a computer or laptop and launch an internet browser in it.
4. In the browser's address bar, type mywifiext.
5. Netgear Genie page will display.
6. Connect your client devices to your Netgear extender's SSID i.e. Netgear_Ext and click on Continue.
7. Register your Netgear extender and click on Finish to complete the Netgear extender setup process.
Note: In case, mywifext doesn't redirect you to Netgear Genie setup wizard, then use your Netgear extender's default IP address i.e. 192.168. 1.250 instead.
Advantages of Netgear Genie
With the attractive new look and ease-of-use of Netgear Genie, managing your home network is fun. Netgear Genie is capable of supporting a single sign-on (SSO) feature that allows you to use one set of login credentials (username and password) for all of your valid Netgear accounts. In addition, Netgear Genie easily monitors, connect, manage, and control your home WiFi network from a tablet or smartphone from anywhere. With the Netgear Genie app, you can easily share and stream music, photos, or videos, diagnose and repair network-related issues, set up parental controls and a lot more.
Features after downloading the Netgear Genie app
1. Connects, monitors, and controls the settings of your home network through smartphones or tablets from anywhere, anytime.
2. Seamlessly stream online videos and music through MyMedia in your home network through smartphones or tablets.
3. Get prints from iPads or tablets by adding the feature of Air Print compatibility to any printer.
4. Secure your WiFi connection through mobile devices with a QR code and EZ mobile connect feature.
5. Easily access the parental control feature through smartphones from anywhere.
6. Guest access feature provide a seprate WiFi to your guests, relatives, or friends.
7. Easily monitor the WiFi Analytics of your home network using the WiFi Analytics feature.
8. Traffic Meter helps in tracking your daily internet data usage.
9. Debug any network-related issue.
Netgear Genie download
To avail the above-mentioned features, it is suggested to download Netgear Genie app. If you don't know the Netgear Genie download process, then don't fret out. We are always here to help you. Just dial our toll-free number 1-888-961-4011 and tell our technicians whatsoever is in your mind.