Are you sure to remove tag permanently?
Are you sure you want to delete this collection permanently?
Article canâ€™t be published without adding a cover image and title.
Are you sure you want to exit without publish article?
Would you like to save your changes?
Sexual Harassment can have a Major Financial Impact on your Business
Sexual harassment is present in most organizations today. And you as the employer might not be aware of it altogether. And it shouldn’t surprise you, employers are often unaware of sexual harassment in their organization because women who have been harassed do not report it.
But this can cost you.
Simply because you were not aware of what is happening in your organization. You might have to pay (a lot) for someone else’s crime.
Financial Impact of Sexual Harassment on the Employer
Sexual harassment claims - One of the youngest directors at Infosys, Phaneesh Murthy, was accused of sexual harassment by his executive secretary and was paid $3 million in the settlement. Imagine having to pay this big of an amount for someone else’s mistake? This could easily be your organization too. In fact, sexual harassment claims often go up to as much as $20 million.
Impact on goodwill - The brand image that you’ve worked on for years or even decades will crumble from only one sexual harassment incident in the workplace. It can negatively impact your organization and all the hard work that you’ve put in all of the years to build your business.
Impact on employees - It shouldn’t surprise you if your employees start to leave after an incidence of sexual harassment in the workplace. Sexual harassment can make any workplace hostile, espicially for women. This decreases the job satisfaction among employees and they start looking for a better organization with a better workplace. Not just this, you will face difficulties in hiring new employees since your organization has a bad reputation due to that one sexual harassment case.
Non-Compliance to the PoSH Law
The PoSH law was enforced in 2013 to protect women against sexual harassment in the workplace. It has since made it compulsory for organizations with 10 (or more) employees to conduct anti-sexual harassment training to prevent any incidence of sexual harassment in the workplace.
Is your organization PoSH compliant?
If not, there are going to be consequences.
Non-compliance on your behalf can lead to -
Non-compliance to the law can attract a financial penalty of Rs 50,000 which can go up to twenty-five lakhs or imprisonment or both. The term can last for as long as 3 years.
Once imprisoned for more than 9 months, a director cannot become a director again for a period of 5 years.
Is your Organization PoSH Compliant?
Sexual harassment and its impact on the organization can be prevented if organizations comply with the PoSH law and conduct anti-harassment training.
Organizations like Rainmaker are solely dedicated to reducing sexual harassment from the workplace and conduct engaging awareness training among employees, managers, and even employer.
Make your organization a safe working place with awareness training and prevent sexual harassment today.
Gadgets that make your life easier and healthier
Gadgets have changed our lives and made it so much more convenient. Now you can talk to someone across the world with just a touch on your phone or capture a memory with a single click. But did you know about these gadgets that actually help you improve and manage your health without any effort-
1. Mobile breathalyzer- Ever been too worried about driving back home after you’ve had a little too much to drink? There are now devices available, like alcohoot, that use police grade technology to measure your blood alcohol level quickly and accurately.
2. Brain sensing headband- Yes, you read that right. These MUSE headbands measure your brain activity during workouts and meditation and transmit it to your smartphones.
3. Pain relief wand- The days of hot water bags are way behind us. The Instant Hot Or Cold Pain Relief Wand is a product that instantly heats or cool and gives you instant relief from pain.
4. Water purifiers- A portable water purifier wouldn't have crossed your mind, right? A reliable travel companion, the SteriPEN Ultra water purifier uses ultraviolet (UV) light to destroy 99.9% of all the harmful bacteria, organisms, and viruses that can exist in water.
5. Portable air monitors- Now you can know what you are breathing in seconds. Kaiterra’s portable air monitor, laser egg 2 is your ticket to a healthy life. It helps you in identifying the harmful pollutants present in the air around you and the best part is the product’s small size. Now you can know anytime whether the air around you is safe for breathing or not.
6. Glucometer- Wireless Smart Gluco-Monitoring System is a state-of-the-art, FDA approved glucometer that measures glucose levels in the blood and then displays them on your smartphone. In addition to the glucometer itself, the kit includes 10 testing strips, 10 lancets, control solution, a lancing device, and a carry bag.
7. Wireless blood pressure monitor- The Nokia BPM+ lets you measure your blood pressure with any hassle. The dedicated Health Mate app gives you instant color-coded feedback and professional recommendations and makes it easy to keep track of your measurements.
December 13, 2018