A 5 Step Guide to Choose the Perfect Marble Worktops
Home is the peace-abode which soothes the soul when it returns after a long, tiring day. Since it is the most favourite place for almost every human, they tend to decorate it in their own way and according to their taste.
Choosing designs, colours, furniture can be a tough call. But what can be more robust is to decide what type of marble worktops you want in your kitchen, bathroom or on the floors and ceilings. You may have a vision in your mind about the design you want to recreate at your place. Still, the moment you got to a shop or consulted any of the designers, the wide variety of the products with the best collections of designs for the decor is going to turn you mad.
But there is no point getting blown away as you need to find the one which you require, which will be the best for you and also will be in your budget. Also, you need to compare the different marble worktop prices in the market and check the difference in the quality with the price.
Knowing it can be a tough decision to incorporate, here we provide five easy tips for you to settle for the perfect marble worktops keeping in mind all the aspects.
- You must be clear in your head what you want in terms of design, texture, type and price. While you gaze through a marble place, it is more like taking a stroll in the art gallery where you tend to admire every piece of artwork as they are equally beautiful. It is alright if you manage to add a few unusual designs in your list to choose, but while walking in the studio, you should have the basic notions of your requirement clear. Seeing designs and colours according to the place and environment of your home is a wise choice. Also, you have to consider whether you want everything matched and similar so that your site looks like or if you will require some of the veinings. It is advisable to stick to your requirements and then take the decisions instead of getting all confused.
- Before visiting marble places personally, take a virtual tour on their website. Check whether they have all the materials that you are looking for and in various colours, shapes and designs. It may be so that they do not have all the elements in the display or they have not put it up on the website. In that case, you have to call the shop and ask them the details. Give them your requirement criteria like the square foot details and other necessary things. They will arrange accordingly so that the factory can have everything ready which you want to see.
- Before settling for one material, look into it properly. There might be broken sides, rough surface and faded texture due to manhandling or inadequate storage. If you are looking for something very smooth and sophisticated, then run your fingers across the surface and see whether it gets caught in any of the fissures. If it does, do not buy it. But if you are looking for a more rustic look surface and the marble worktop prices are within your budget, then a nominal crack or fissure should not bother you as it compliments along with the rustic look.
- Different marble worktops come from various parts of the world. The quality, texture, design and prices are different and unique according to the origin. You have to ensure the authenticity of the source. It may be so that the marble dealer is trying to make a sale by demanding a piece of marble originated from Calcutta but perhaps it is from china. You need to do your homework and understand the speciality of each marble pieces so that you can not be fooled.
- Look out for the marble worktop prices in the market. Do research while strolling through different marble shops. You will notice price difference. But make sure that you do not negate with the quality while trying to get things at cheap rates. It is always preferable to find marble worktops according to your taste and budget for best!