Samsung Galaxy S10 Review | Specs, Price, and more
The first significant difference which is visible to the human eye is that its predecessor came with a full-screen display while the galaxy S10 has a hole punch display, which is at the top right corner of the screen.
Samsung has unveiled its greatest smartphone on the 20th of February. It will be officially launched on this date, with the pre-orders starting right after the launch event.
The release date is set to be 8th of March. The date which is finalized is a week before the announcement date of the previous year’s smartphone.
How is it different from the older versions of it?
The first significant difference which is visible to the human eye is that its predecessor came with a full-screen display while the galaxy S10 has a hole punch display, which is at the top right corner of the screen. Apart from the change in the display, there are some slight changes to the new one when compared to its previous one. There was a single camera in the Galaxy S9 while the galaxy S10 packs triple cameras, two 12 megapixel cameras, and a 16-megapixel camera.
There is a slight improvement in the batteries as well; the S9 had 3000mAh battery while the new S10 has a slightly bigger 3400mAh battery. Another significant difference is on the sensor front, there is an in-display fingerprint scanner in the new galaxy S10, while the S9 had a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. Regarding the processor, the S9 had an Exynos 9 Octa-core 9810 chipset, while the new galaxy S10 comes with the Exynos 9 Octa-core 9820 chipset. These are the only visible significant differences between the S9 and the S10.
The full specifications list
• Network: It supports GSM/CDMA/HSPA/EVDO/LTE.
• Display: It has a dynamic AMOLED screen, with 16 million colors. The screen size is 6.1 inches. It has a resolution of 1440*3040 pixels, with a 19.9 screen to body ratio.
• Platform: It comes with Android 9 (Pie) out of the box, coupled with the One UI.
• Memory: It comes with a micro SD card slot which is expandable up to 512GB. The internal memory may be 128GB or 512GB, depending on the RAM variant.
• Camera: A wide angle lens of 12mp with f/1.5-2.4, a telephoto lens of 12mp with f/2.4 and a 16mp ultra-wide lens with f/2.2. The selfie camera is a 10mp camera with f/1.9, and it is a wide lens. On the video front, the rear cameras are capable of shooting 4k video at 60fps, 1080p video at 240 fps and 720p video at 960 fps. The front selfie camera, on the other hand, is capable of shooting 4k videos at 60 fps and 1080p videos at 30 fps.
• Sound: It comes with stereo speakers, and has a 3.5 mm headphone jack as well. It supports Dolby Atmos/AKG sound.
• Communication: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi direct and hotspot. Bluetooth 5.0 is also supported. GPS with A-GPS and NFC support. USB 3.1 type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
• Sensors: It has all of them including accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer and heart rate sensor.
• Battery: It comes with a 3400mAh battery, with the support of fast charging and wireless fast charging. It also supports reverse charging.
• Miscellaneous: It comes in a variety of colors, Prism White, Prism Green, Prism Black, Canary Yellow, and Flamingo Pink.
At this price point, there are not many competitors. The only competitors are the iPhones at this price point. The S10 is compared with the iPhone Xs, because of the similar pricing. The S10 also is at par with the performance of the iPhone Xs, Xs coupled with the A12 bionic chipset, and the S10 powered by the Snapdragon 855 in some countries, while with Exynos 9820 in some.
The other significant competitors also include Googles Pixel 3 XL and Pixel 3. These two are currently powered by the Snapdragon 845 which is a bit inferior to the galaxy S10. The performance of the Pixel devices is the only thing that gives the Galaxy S10 a run for its money.
The S10 is priced in different countries as these $899, £799, AU$1349 and AED3199. These all cost a more $180, £60 and AED 100 for the S10 variant.
Should one consider buying the S10 over the Pixel devices or iPhones?
If we consider the pricing, the galaxy S10 is not at all cheap, but with given its performance, it is worth the money. Choosing the iPhone over the galaxy S10 is someone's personal opinion as these two come with an entirely different operating system. The Pixel devices, on the other hand, come with a slightly underpowered processor but in no case, it is viewed inferior to the S10.
If we talk about the camera, detailed analysis of the S10 is yet to be seen, but with the Pixel devices, no doubt the Pixel 3 XL is a good camera phone or the iPhone Xs has good camera as well. If someone wishes to upgrade to the S10 while having an S9, it will be precisely for the in-display fingerprint scanner or the triple cameras. This Samsung Galaxy S10 review offers a detailed analysis of its features.
So, if an individual is ready to spend $900 on an Android smartphone like the Galaxy S10, it is an excellent choice provided the customer is getting all the things he requires in the S10, then he is clear to proceed without any hesitations because, in this price range, no other smartphones are providing these many features.