Samsung Galaxy Fold Review | Specs, Price, and more
Smartphones have undoubtedly changed our lives for the better by enabling instant communication. They have evolved from the earliest communication devices to smart devices. Smartphones have enabled people to communicate through texts, video chat, and text messaging. Moreover, they make it easy for people to surf the web. Samsung has been one of the most renowned brands which are consistently launching smartphones according to the budget of ordinary people. Samsung smartphones are loaded with lots of features, and they offer excellent value for money. Samsung has now expanded its line to the tablets as well. The Samsung Galaxy Fold is one of the masterpieces created by Samsung. It has numerous features which make it one of the most coveted smartphones in that price range. Here is a comprehensive Samsung Galaxy Fold Review.
When did it launch?
Samsung has unveiled its most innovative smartphone and it is scheduled to launch on the 26th of April in the United States and on the 3rd of May in Europe. Pre-orders will start right after the launch event.
How is it different from the older versions of it?
The first significant difference from all the galaxy phones in the past is that this phone has a single screen along with a foldable display. This folding phone or display is the main attraction of the Galaxy Fold. Samsung is terming its smartphone as a phone as well as a tablet. Indeed, the display which is present after the phone being unfolded is the same as the display of a tablet.
Multi-tasking can be done in ease, as all the applications cover the entire area of the screen giving more space to the specific applications. After opening the phone up, it is a 7.3 inch Dynamic AMOLED display QXGA (QHD+), it is a tablet in the form of a phone. There are no older versions of this phone as this one is a result of pure innovation and Samsung introduces it. The fingerprint sensor resides at the side of the phone, and it packs a combined 4380 mAh battery.
The full specifications list.
• Network: It supports GSM/HSPA/LTE.
• Display: It has a dynamic AMOLED capacitive touch screen, with 16 million colors. The screen size is 7.3 inches.
• It has a resolution of 1536*2152 pixels. The cover display is 4.6 inches HD+ super AMOLED.
• Platform: It comes with Android 9 (Pie) out of the box, coupled with the One UI.
• Memory: It doesn’t have a micro SD card slot. The internal memory is 512GB, with 12GB of ram.
• Camera: A wide angle lens of 12mp with f/1.5-2.4, a telephoto lens of 12mp with f/2.4 and a 16mp ultra-wide lens with f/2.2. The selfie cameras are 10mp and 8mp cameras with f/2.2 and f/1.9 respectively. On the video front, the rear cameras are capable of shooting 4k video at 60fps and 30 fps. The front cameras, on the other hand, are capable of shooting 1080p videos at 30 fps.
• Sound: It comes with stereo speakers, and does not have a 3.5 mm headphone jack. It supports Dolby Atmos/AKG sound.
• Communication: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi direct and hotspot. Bluetooth 5.0 is also supported. GPS with A-GPS and NFC support.It has USB 3.1 type C 1.0 reversible connector.
• Sensors: It has all of them including accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass sensor.
• Battery: It comes with a combined 4380mAh battery, with the support of fast charging.
• Miscellaneous: It comes in a variety of colors, Space Silver, Cosmos Black, Martian Green, and Astro Blue.
At this price point, there are not many competitors. The foldable phone technology is still a new concept when it comes to innovation in technology. Currently, no other manufacturer has announced such foldable phone or any phone of this sort, so there is no competition in the current scenario.
However, after the phone being revealed, the other phone companies will have a go at this phone, then the competition will be more intense, figuring out which manufacturer has the best technology when it comes to foldable phones. Big names like Xiaomi are rumored to have to work in a similar project for this sort of technology.
The S10 is priced in different countries. The phone has a premium price tag, basically double than the usual phones. It is rumored to be priced at around $2000 in the United States. The final pricing is yet to be known.
Should one consider buying the Galaxy Fold over the Pixel devices or iPhones?
At this price point, there are not many things to consider. People going the dual display or the foldable phone will have the capability of buying two iPhone XS at the same time. However, if someone, for example, a customer is thinking of upgrading to the Galaxy Fold from Galaxy S9, it is entirely his personal opinion. The Galaxy Fold is priced at around $2000, for the price one can get two or more than two phones in some cases. Keeping all the things in mind, if someone thinks of buying the Galaxy Fold, then it must fulfill or satisfy all the conditions that are required for that specific customer. After reading this Samsung Galaxy Fold Review, you can decide whether you want to buy it or not.
In some cases, people often end up buying the wrong phone which doesn't even match the requirements of the buyer, but the buyer is influenced by way of advertisements, or he has a particular liking for that company.
Anyhow, people looking for an excellent, innovative phone, such as this Galaxy Fold, must not think twice before buying it as these sort of phones are not at all cheap, and the favorable customer will only proceed to buy it only when he has the capability of buying it. So, to sum it up, if people are looking for innovation then they are free to go for the Galaxy Fold, if someone doesn't want an unnecessary display then spending $2000 on a smartphone will not be a good option.