6 Best Ideas for a Rocking Dinner & Theatre Event
What is a Dinner & Theatre Event?
In general terms, a Dinner theatre (also referred to as Dinner & Show) is a subtle kind of entertainment that combines a restaurant meal with a staged play or musical routine. The play in itself can be secondary to the meal (especially for office parties), can be similar to a night club setting, or can feature as the prime attraction of the night, where dinner can be less important or, optional. Dinner and Dance theatre involves three different entities: a live theatre, a restaurant and, usually, a bar.
As the Leading Event Planning Company in Singapore, we have accumulated a list of six amazing ideas that make sure your dinner & theatre event ends up a roaring success.
1) An Aerial Exhibition: A few things capture our attention more than an acrobatic display, akin to an excellent circus routine, only the stage is now that much grander within a theatre. You could do worse than inviting a number of professional contortionists and allowing them to woo your crowd for that perfect party kick-off.
2) Solo Musical: Not just any musical act though. A whimsical musician with the voice of an angel and the roots true to his/her tradition always makes for a lovely visual. An orchestra playing in the background, while the musicians set the stage on fire, and you have yourself a real atmosphere. Or if the majority of the age group in your invitee-list is lower, you can opt for a rock band routine in that case.
3) Cultural Display: Depending on the venue of your choice, it’s preferable that you embrace the local culture there. Your dinner guests also get to travel around the world whilst sitting on their chairs when you present them the charm and the beauty of diversity from all around the world. A dance display is often the way party hosts go about it, you can do the same or set your imagination free.
4) The Perfect Cuisines: Choosing the type of food is a tricky part. But opting for something light and classy is the right way to go since the theatrical aspect of the celebration isn’t compromised this way. Seafood, with a vegetarian side dish, is a smart choice. As far as beverages go, red wine and/or champagne are the drinks worthy of a classy setting.
5) A Magic Routine: We all love magic tricks. Invite a magician to your theatre event and he will make sure your audience remains engaged throughout the entirety of the routine. A magic show can also be your perfect start-off act and immediately attract the attention of all your guests.
6) The Grand Theme & Light Setting: Lighting props for a theatre show can include chandeliers, lasers, LED walls, electric candles for individual tables, a disco ball, fog machines etc. even the theme has to do justice to the atmosphere, so stay away from a funky looking banner or wall display. Maroon, Royal Blue and/or purple are the ideal color schemes for such an event as well.
Conclusion: MTM Events is the most excellent Event Company in Singapore. Our incredibly talented and experienced party planning professionals have previously handled hundreds of events together and never fail to offer the most efficient solutions for all event queries. Our expertise includes, but isn’t limited to events such as -
● CORPORATE EXHIBITIONS,
● TEAM BUILDING
● GALA DINNERS,
● AWARDS CELEBRATIONS
● PRODUCT LAUNCHES
● THEME DINNER FUNCTIONS
● LIVE CONCERTS
● PRIVATE FUNCTIONS/PARTIES
● And so much more...