Know How to Go About a Dental Chair Repair and Service
Dental equipment is costly and needs to be taken proper care. A dental chair might cost approximately $14,000 which proves that these things are not to be taken for granted. Getting it repaired means additional cost and after one point of time, replacement seems a viable option because they are beyond any kind of repairs. Dental chair repair and service is a very important decision because you need to analyze how many times your chair needs repairing and how many patients are annoyed with the kind of chair you have. Before giving your chair for a service, make sure you communicate and take advice from your fellow colleagues or employees as to what kind of repairing your dental chair needs.
1. Identify the Issue – Initially, you should determine the issue related to the chair covering the problematic part of the chair. Which part of the chair is not functioning as it should be? Finding out the problem of the chair might also help you in finding the right technician or solving the hindrance by yourself.
2. Warranty – If the chair is still in warranty, the dental chair repair and service work becomes an inexpensive affair. Usually, a dental chair comes with a warranty for one year. During this period, the chair repair and service is carried out free of cost.
3. Consultation – Dental chairs are manufactured by reliable manufacturers and supplied by licensed suppliers. They can be consulted over a call if any issue arises. Due to their knowledge, they can help you in identify and to solve the problem which will be helpful in saving money. They will only recommend service by a technician if the solution to the problem is beyond the control of the person.
4. Calling Verified Technicians – If the problem must be taken care of by the technician, then the manufacturer or the supplier may recommend one. Keep in mind that the technician you call for dental chair repair and service should be trustworthy, experienced, professional, knowledgeable and good communicators. A trustworthy technician will guide you and repair the chair in an efficient manner without any kind of corruption. Their experience will help you in receiving an affordable solution and quick repair.
5. Getting a second opinion – Make sure that the dental chair repair and service technician listens to your problems and analyses it so that he can work on the problem diligently. Sometimes, the technician might have an ulterior motive. The person may find this as an opportunity to hoard money. Thus, if you feel the technician is not right, try to go for a second opinion on it and only then get the chair repaired.
6. Repair vs Replacement – If the dental chair is quite old and not functional, spending money on it constantly may not be the correct way of solving the problem. You might want to buy a new chair instead of reinvesting on the same equipment again and again. The average life span of a dental chair is 15 years. After that, a chair should be replaced instead of getting it repaired.
A technician takes approximately an hour to fix your dental chair. The dental chair repair and service goes through the following steps:
1. All forms of air, water, and electricity connections are switched off.
2. Air and water outlets are scrutinized, and any form of potential leaks is examined.
3. The various outlets of tubing are also checked for any form of damage.
4. Lights, spittoons, drainage and suction parts are checked.
5. Any form of damage is corrected by the technicians.
A dental chair is an important part of any surgery or clinical work in the dentistry industry. Servicing of the chair should be taken care of once in a year. Repairing it and getting it serviced is vital because it is costly equipment and should be maintained well.