Top ten myths about cosmetic dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is a tooth corrective method in dentistry which carries the difficult correction job in an effective way; the ultimate beautiful smile is the main motto. In this, we can explore many aesthetic treatments, teeth whitening, Invisalign, implants, porcelain crowns, veneers, preventative, cosmetic bonding, single-visit crowns. Every treatment has a unique way of healing methods. To know about the best results, we can check the site tooth bonding before after images for reference. This will give an idea to choose the best dental care center.
However, like every modern day practice, these new age procedures have also been subject to their share of criticism and this has mainly been due to the multiple myths surrounding them.
1. This act as the same as Cosmetic surgery- Surgery is only a very small part of it, that too only if it is absolutely essential. Otherwise, it comprises whitening, shaping and fixing broken or stained teeth thus making them look more presentable.
2. It is only for aesthetic appeal-Aesthetics is certainly a big aim but it is also high on functionality. The teeth become stronger and with implants and bonding, the missing and chipped teeth are replaced, thereby resulting in a full set of sturdy dental.
3. It is unhealthy- It is neither unhealthy nor risky. The materials used today are safe and completely harmless and the procedures rarely involve any cutting or surgery. If anything, they only make your teeth healthier.
4. The effects are short term - The effects sometimes last for years. If you follow the basic guide to taking care, your veneers could last you a lifetime and whitening could stay for 1-2 years easily.
5. It requires months of aftercare and follows up - It requires simple follow up routines like brushing twice a day and flossing. All the Dentist will ask of you will be to be gentle. Just like anything new, these too simply require a little bit of care.
6. It is time-consuming - Most of these activities require just one sitting or two at the most. An hour from a good dentist is all that you would need to get your teeth sparkling white or to get a crown fixed.
7. It is painful - These experiences are mostly pain-free. Barring the usual drilling here and there which is common for all work involving dental, there is no real pain that the patient would feel.
8. It does not give natural looking teeth - These are so aesthetically done that nobody can even tell that they are not natural. Most people go years with whitened and fixed teeth without as much as being asked about their origin.
9. It is expensive - It was, way back in the early 90's when it was new and considered as something only films stars could afford. Now, most treatments are available at a reasonable cost.
10. It is only for women - The word 'Cosmetic' brings with it the notion that it is something women would opt for. The treatments are for everybody who would like clean looking, perfectly shaped and strong teeth, men and children alike.