Why Being Polite Is Life Changing
Being polite changes your life personally and professionally maintaining healthy and happy relations with everyone.
One of the best ways to improve the lives of everyone around you including yours is by being polite. We always hear our parents and elders saying to us, be kind and polite. Well, it is one of the basic qualities every human needs to learn and make it part of life. Being polite changes your life personally and professionally maintaining healthy and happy relations with everyone.
Being polite can be very easy starting with one of the basic things such as greeting a person. There are many more things that can be learned to be polite in making your life beautiful.
Here is a list of things to make us a better person by learning as to how to be polite.
● A smile to make the day brighter: It all starts with a simple smile and a hello. A day started well and a greeting with a smile definitely helps one stay positive and energetic throughout the day. Be it with persons younger to you or elder, greeting them properly makes you more approachable and lasts a good impression.
● Punctuality is the best quality: Being punctual is one of the basic etiquettes one has to follow. It is often considered rude to be late to any meeting. It's is always better to be early and be safe.
● Small talk always is right: It is important to have a small talk with everyone to maintain good relations. This shows the friendly nature and easiest way to treat a person well.
● Make it a point to listen: One might be a good talker and would love to talk about themselves. But listening is a well-appreciated quality and makes other people feel comfortable that you are interested in them and value their presence.
● Please and Thank you: These couple of words seem very simple but the impact is very powerful. Show your gratitude and respect by using these words and see how effective they are. A simple please while requesting something and a thank you, when given something, makes other people feel respected.
● Appreciation makes an impression: A token of appreciation is a symbol of gratitude. Congratulating a person on their work or achievement makes them feel more motivated and interested to perform well. Appreciation makes one feel more satisfied and happy.
● Apologizing doesn't make you less: It is always better to apologize when you think what you have done is something wrong or embarrassed. To apologize won't make you less of man, but makes you more of a human. Apologizing when done a mistake builds a better environment.
● Dress appropriately: First impression of a person includes the way they greet and behave and the dress one wears also plays an important role. Always dress in accordance with the occasion and place too. If you think anybody dresses inappropriately, do not stare.
● It's all in the details: Remembering names and little details about people make them feel valued and show that you care about them. It's one of the nice things to do and make one feel good.
A simple hello, smile on the face, a thank you makes you more polite and it goes a long way in changing your life for the better.