Automate The Process Of E-Way Bill Generation
The e-Way bill system undoubtedly streamlined the transport and logistics sector of the country and helped companies reduce a considerable amount of time and cost. However, it seems that without using automated systems for the entire process of e-Way bill generation, transporters can go through a lot of hassles. Although the online e-Way bill portal is designed for easy and hassle free use yet the government has provided options for using automated systems by the help of which users can easily save themselves from encountering unnecessary difficulties.
E-Way bill generation using Application Program Interface (API):
If you are already using an ERP like SAP for managing your business then you can easily use the API interface based mechanism to automate the e-Way bill generation process directly from the ERP. All you need to do is to integrate your ERP using E-Way bill generation software and you can easily generate e-Way bill system to system without any hassle.
Prerequisites for using API:
• You must have an automatic invoice generation process by the help of an ERP or any accounting software.
• You must have at least 1000 activities per day on the e-Way bill system.
• You must possess a TSL or SSL based domain name for interface and a static IP address
• You have to modify your ERP/ system with the help of any e-Way bill generation solution provider.
• After successful registration and generation of Client_ID, User_ID and Password you will need to test your system properly.
How does automatic e-Way bill generation work in API?
• Your E-Way bill generation software will automatically call the e-Way bill system with the invoice number provided by you and initiate the process of automatic e-Way bill generation.
• After verification, the EWB API generates the e-Way bill and returns the E-Way bill number. This e-Way bill number will be automatically saved with the relevant invoice number.
• You can easily print out the invoice which will have the EBN no. and give it to your transporter or driver.
Benefits of using automated systems for E-Way bill generation:
• You do not have to worry about duplicate or double entry of invoices.
• Inadvertent errors can be avoided.
• Manually generating e-Way bills can be especially tedious if you are generating consolidated e-Way bills or generating in bulk because of multiple data entries. An automated system does not require multiple data entry.
• Post generation tasks like updating vehicle details or extending validity of your e-way bill can be easily handled using EWay bill generation software.
Things to keep in mind!
The government is tightening the noose on tax defaulters and the e-Way bill system is specially designed for that purpose. Soon the government will integrate the system with FASTtag mechanism of NHAI for better tracking of goods and e-Way bill details are also to be matched with GSTR 1 for preventing tax evasion. Thus, companies having to use e-Way bill system must take help of everything at their disposal for an effortless and error free e-Way bill generation.