SEFA Laboratory Fume Hoods Recommended Practices
If you are someone who works in laboratories, then you will have seen fume hoods a lot. You must already know the function and essential features of fume hoods but it are crucial for you to know how you should operate these fume hoods in a safe and secured way.
If you are someone who works in laboratories, then you will have seen fume hoods a lot. You must already know the function and essential features of fume hoods but it are crucial for you to know how you should operate these fume hoods in a safe and secured way. In this article, you will learn of some safe laboratory Benchtop Ductless Fume Hoods and Vertical Laminar Flow Hoods recommended practices.
- Understand your fume hood: The laboratory fume hoods are essential instruments that are used in laboratories. They are crucial accessories that ensure safety so that no one is exposed to hazardous or dangerous fumes. Earlier on these hoods were made from wood however as advancements were made, the designs and tech used in these hoods evolved a lot. These days' hoods are coated with epoxy and are made from steel. Style and construction of the hoods underwent a lot of changes to ensure that they become safer to operate in laboratories. It is important to install the hoods in a proper way so that they can be utilized in the correct way. This will ensure the health and safety of the people who work in the labs.
- Not store utility: You should remember that your lab workers must not use the hoods for storing anything. It needs to be understood that these hoods are not storage spaces. Thus, no one should keep any chemicals or equipments on the hoods. That can result in blocking airflow. Thus, you should ensure that tools, equipments or chemicals are not placed on the hoods. This is one of the most major safety recommendations when it comes to using laboratory fume hoods.
- Some minor tips which you should try to enforce in your lab to ensure more safety are:
- If it becomes necessary then you should try to work with materials which are not hazardous.
· You need to ensure that all theexhaust fans on the hoods are working properly.
· You must ensure that no one places their head inside the hoods when it is working.
· The hood's sash needs to be enclosed so as to help in conserving energy
· The doors of the laboratory must be closed all the time.
· The hoods should not ever be used for disposing any item.
- Educate the lab workers on operating fume hoods: In order to be sure that the hoods are working properly in the laboratories, it will be important for the owner or the management of the lab to see to it that there are training programs initiated to educate workers about the hazards of working with fume hoods.
- You should ensure that general contaminants are all effectively stored away and disposed of.
It is important to use the laboratory Benchtop Ductless Fume Hoods properly so that it can help in performing its duty in a safe and secured manner. The workers will have to ensure that the laboratory fume hoods are operated on properly. Hopefully, the information mentioned in this article will have helped you.
Original Source: https://cleatech.blogspot.com/2019/03/sefa-laboratory-fume-hoods-recommended.html
Cleatech designs and manufactures standard and custom-made laboratory solutions and clean room equipment. The company designs desiccators and dry boxes, glove boxes, laminar flow hoods, inert gas pumping accessories, meters and test equipment and many more laboratory products. The company maintains its standards and sells the products at affordable rates. View all posts by Cleatech.com