Thesis Work And Its Design
Thesis Work And Its Design
PhD thesis must meet the following requirements:
2.High theoretical level;
3.Completeness of the study;
4.Internal logical connection, the sequence of presentation;
5.Competent presentation in Russian literary language.
The content of the thesis is material that includes a description of new factors, phenomena of patterns, or a synthesis of previously known provisions from other scientific positions or in a new aspect.
The content of the candidate thesis reflects the initial background of scientific research, its progress and the results obtained. At www.edupeet.com/you will find all the concepts of thesis and they help you at all the ways.
The content of the thesis should provide convincing arguments in favor of the chosen concept. Contradicting points of view should be subjected to a comprehensive analysis and critical assessment. Discussion and polemical material are elements of the thesis.
PhD thesis as a work of scientific content should have internal unity and reflect the course and results of the development of the chosen topic. Candidate dissertation, on the one hand, has a generalizing character, since it is a peculiar outcome of the training of a graduate student. On the other hand, it is an independent original scientific research
Requirements for the author of Ph.D. thesis
In a candidate's dissertation, the author must show that he has the skills of independent research activities that require extensive education in the relevant direction.
Author doctoral thesis must:
1.To formulate and solve problems arising in the course of research activities and requiring in-depth professional knowledge;
2. Select the necessary research methods, modify existing and develop new methods, based on the objectives of a specific study;
3. Summarize, systematize and theoretically interpret empirical material;
4. Process the obtained results, analyze and interpret them taking into account the available literature data;
5. To conduct bibliographic work with the involvement of modern information technologies;
6. To speak foreign languages to the extent necessary for independent work on normative sources and scientific literature;
7. To present the results of the study in the form of a written work, designed in accordance with the existing requirements, with the involvement of modern editing and printing tools.
Stages of the master's thesis
- The process of doing a PhD thesis includes the following steps:
- Study the requirements for this work;
- Coordination with the supervisor of the work plan;
- The study of the literature on the problem, the definition of goals, objectives and methods of research;
- Direct development of the problem (topic);
- Generalization of the results;
- Writing work;
- Reviewing the work;
- Protection and evaluation of work.
Choosing a topic for a thesis
The topic of the master's thesis is submitted for approval only when its relevance, scientific and applied importance, the availability of conditions for implementation at the scheduled time and the proper scientific guidance are provided. The graduate student is given the right to independently choose the topic of work. The selection is made on the basis of the approved list of directions available at the department for the selection of topics. The list is exemplary, and a graduate student can offer his topic with the necessary rationale for its development.
When choosing a topic, a graduate student should take into account his scientific and practical interests in a particular area of theory and practice.
The topic should be formulated in such a way that it most concretely reflects the main idea of the work.
Subject work should reflect both theoretical and practical orientation of the study. The theoretical part of the study should be focused on the development of the theoretical and methodological foundations of the studied questions, the use of new concepts and ideas in the chosen field of study, and be distinguished by a certain novelty of scientific ideas and research methods.
The practical part of the study should demonstrate the ability of the graduate student to solve real practical problems, using normative legal acts, as well as on the basis of developing models, methodological bases and approaches in the studied issues.
After the topic is approved, the supervisor will give the graduate student a dissertation preparation task. The assignment includes the title of the thesis, a list of issues to be developed, a list of source data necessary to complete the thesis (legislative and regulatory documents and materials, scientific and special literature, specific primary information), a calendar schedule for the implementation of individual sections of the dissertation, deadlines for submission work.
PhD dissertation management
Supervisor of a PhD thesis:
- assists the graduate student in choosing the topic of the thesis;
- is the task of preparing a thesis;
- assists in the development of individual work schedule for the entire period of the dissertation;
- assists in the preparation of the working plan of the thesis, the selection of a list of literary sources and information necessary for the implementation of the thesis.
- consults with a graduate student, provides him with the necessary methodological assistance;
- checks the performance of the work and its parts;
- submits a written review on the dissertation with a recommendation to defend it or deviate from the defense;
- assists (advises graduate student) in the preparation of the thesis presentation for its defense.
The department regularly hears graduate students and supervisors on the preparation of a thesis. They inform the head of the candidate program and the dean's office about the degree of readiness of the master's thesis.
The supervisor checks the progress of the dissertation on individual stages, advises the graduate student on all emerging issues and questions, checks the quality of the work and upon its completion provides a written review of the work. The review evaluates the theoretical knowledge and practical skills of a graduate student on the studied problem, which he showed in the process of writing a dissertation. It also indicates the degree of independence in the performance of the work, the personal contribution of the graduate student in the substantiation of the conclusions and proposals, the observance of the dissertation timetable. The review ends with a conclusion about the possibility (impossibility) of accessing a thesis to the defense.